Wednesday 3 March 2021

8.6.- Writing: Formal language and how to write a letter of application

Formal and Informal Language.



Collaborative exercise 1 on page 70 on wordwall

https://wordwall.net/resource/31883937


Collaborative exercise 2 on page 70 on wordwall

https://wordwall.net/resource/31884052


Collaborative reading of the exam task on page 70 


HOW TO WRITE A LETTER OF APPLICATION

This is an example of how to write an application letter for the CAE exam. 


Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing you regarding a job advertisement I saw on my college bulletin board two days ago. I am really interested in applying for the position of children carer in your summer camp in the United States.

I am the right person to do the job as I have been working at public and private schools with kids and teenagers of different ages and backgrounds for over 20 years. I have got broad experience in this field. I consider myself a well-trained and highly-qualified childminder and I assure you that I am capable of working with big groups of children.

In addition to this, I am a talented artist. I can teach the children to play the guitar and the violin as well as to make handicraft. It is important for young people to develop their creativity and find their natural talents.

I hope you will give my application serious consideration as consider myself a strong candidate. I have a great sense of responsibility and genuinely care about children. I also have a lot of patience.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
Yours faithfully,


E.O.



Source: http://cpesamplewritings.blogspot.com/p/how-to-write-letter-of-application.html

Useful Phrases for a Cover Letter or a Letter of Application

Start a Cover Letter Phrases

·  I noticed with interest your advertisement for …

· I am writing in response to your advertisement posted on…

·  I am very interested in applying for the position of …

·  I am applying for the position of ….., which was advertised in …..

·  I was interested to see your advertisement for …

·  I was referred to you by …./name/, who informed me of a …./position/

· I have pleasure in applying for the advertised position, as …


Cover Letter Phrases: Reasons for Applying for a Job

·  I would be well suited to the position because …

·  My professional skills appear to be well suited to your company’s requirements.

·  I have a lively interest in … and would appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

·  As you can see from my enclosed résumé, my experience and qualifications match this position’s requirements.

·  I would be well suited to the position because …

·  My strengths are …

·  I believe the combination of my education and experiences have prepared me…

· It is a challenging position for which I believe I am well qualified.

· This position represents an opportunity to continue my committed career path…

Write about Your Skills

·  I have a working knowledge of …

·  I believe I possess the right combination of …

·  I am an experienced user of …

· My professional experiences are supplemented by…

·  My interest and knowledge in this area was further enhanced by…

·  My particular area of effectiveness is…

·  I have an excellent command of …

Close Cover Letter Phrases

·  I would appreciate the chance to meet with you to discuss …

·  I look forward to our meeting.

·  If you are interested, please contact me at …

· I am eager to talk with you about the contribution I could make to your firm.

·  I would welcome the opportunity to discuss these and other qualifications with you.

·  I would welcome the opportunity to discuss further details of the position with you personally.

·  I look forward with enthusiasm to an opportunity for an interview.


Individual exam task on page 71

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subjunctive in Fixed Expressions and Verbs and Expressions followed by the Subjunctive

  Video about Queen's coffin enters Westminster Abbey What do you think about the Queen's funeral? Subjunctive in Fixed Expressions ...