Wednesday 3 March 2021

8.5.- Speaking: Cleft sentences to add emphasis and speaking test part 4



What job positions are there on a boat trip?

Talk about a boat trip experience saying where it was, when it happened and what you did.

A boat trip I will never forget

It was in a summer afternoon that I arrived at Playa d'en Bossa  for taking a tour called 'The Boat Party' as this tour was strongly recommended on the internet.

What I did was to arrive there at 1:30pm as my electronic ticket said since it was going to be at 2:00pm the time that the boat would leave from there. Unfortunately, the departure time was changed to be earlier, but I was never notified about it. Consequently, the tour staff offered me to do it on another day; however, my other days on Eivissa were fully scheduled and the only thing I wanted was to take the tour on that day on the condition that it would have to be for less time.

After insisting on having a solution, I was asked where I came from, so I said I was from Cancun. Hence, the pier hostess, who was helping me, asked for a small boat to pick me up. Then, the party boat crew asked her if I was a prince or another type of VIP person and what she answered was that I was a guy from Cancun who couldn't have a bad image of the island. What made her act like that was her concept of the people from Cancun because they are considered such really demanding clients with a big knowledge about the tourism quality service.

What I happened when I got on the boat was that I was given a table plus a bottle of sparkling white wine in a cooler. Sadly, it was a wave that broke the magic because it provoked that my cooler fell down and some wine got spilled. 

After that, it was a crew member who invited me to follow the conga line for having a champagne shower and jump off to sea in order to reach a banana and when I went back to the boat it was lunch time, so it was paella the meal that we were given.

When the adventure finished, it was the church the place I wanted to be to thank God for this marvelous experience.



It was the party that I could never forget.

Written by Dark Prince for the CAE course of the Foreign Language Centre at La Salle University of Cancun in June 2022




Collaborative exercises 1, 2 and 3 on page 69.


Individual cleft sentences online exercise 1 on

https://test-english.com/grammar-points/b2/cleft-sentences/


Speaking test part 4




No comments:

Post a Comment

Subjunctive in Fixed Expressions and Verbs and Expressions followed by the Subjunctive

  Video about Queen's coffin enters Westminster Abbey What do you think about the Queen's funeral? Subjunctive in Fixed Expressions ...